Saturday, August 1, 2009

"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality." -Walt Disney

well hello there blogging world!!
Its been about 3 months since my last update. CRAZY!

Summer camp has come and gone and left me with a ton of memories and new camper friends. I loved the campers! Their happiness and love kept me going all summer. Even when my counselors were mad at me, the adults were mad at me, and whoever else was mad at me, those kids would run up to me, yelling "CCK, CCK!! we LOVE you!" and those few words were enough to get me through the day! Not that everyone was mad at me ALL the time, but I am only human and I can't make EVERYONE happy ALL the time. ya know? For those who don't know, I was called "Crew Chief Kari" this summer at camp because our camp is a NASCAR themed camp. It is located right beside the Atlanta Motor Speedway so the theme fits. I had a great summer, but it went by super quick! I may write a longer blog about camp later, but for now I am trying to keep this "Disney-fied."

I can hardly believe that there are ONLY 17 DAYS until I move to FLORIDA!! ahh!!

I have SOOOOOOOOOO much to do before then, but for some reason I am not worried! haha

I went "business attire" shopping on Friday. I got a lot of stuff. Still gotta get some closed toed shoes and a cute business suit/jacket and I'll be set! I also bought some casual everyday clothes too. yay! :) I found a pair of sperrys that ended up only being $12 marked down from $60!! sweet!!

OK, sorry back on track...I also have to fill out about a bazillion pages of paperwork and I hear its basically like signing your soul away to the Disney company...YAY! Megan and I finally did the whole roommate confirmation thing so we are officially living together! double yay!! Still not sure where we are going to live, but neither one of us really cares...God will put us where he wants us! As I said a lot this summer, "If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans." I have gotten to the point in this whole process where I just let God place me where He wants. I think that is the best way to be.

My parents will be visiting every month but October...:) i love them!
If youd like to come along, just let them know! haha :) The more the merrier!

Thats all the Disney updates for now! See ya REAL soon!!

Shout out to Nick! Happy Birthday!! Can't wait to hang out with you and Cordi VERY soon!!!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, summer camp is over for you, but the memories live on in your campers' hearts! Btw, I happen to know that tall, handsome DeerSlayer fellow...oooohhhh, I agree with you! Onward to WDW and all that it will be!! We love you and always will! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kari, I know we didn't spend much time together, thankfully we had that wonderful ethics class, but I just wanted to let you know that I enjoy reading your blog. I'm super excited for you to start working with Disney! And your random fact at the end made me smile. I look forward to hearing about your Disney adventures soon! Glad to see you're doing so well!

    ReplyDelete